Can be downloaded from the Filebase.
|Octoscan2 Scanner||Windows Server 2003, Windows XP or newer (32 and 64bit)
(no change between 1.9.4 and 1.9.5)
|Database||SQL Server 2016 SP1 or newer, Support for SQL Server 2012 SP1 with restricted functionality.
|OctoSAM Server Components||.net Framework 4.7.1 64 bit required
|OctoSAM GUI||.net Framework 4.7.1 64 bit required|
- New web based module for internal list of software resources.
Publish information about your software to your users and software owners and combine it with a concise subset of inventory information.
Flexible RBAC model to decentralize information update and limit visibility of inventory information according to target audience.
- A lot more attributes from Active Directory are now directly available on the User, Machine, DirectoryMissingUser and DirectoryMissingMachine objects.
Attributes whenCreated and whenChanged are now replicated to all Tables that contain AD objects.
- HardwareUniqueID and OperatingSystemUniqueID fields on Machine abstract the source of this information for different OS Types.
Mac Serial Number and Platform UUID Support.
- Group Scan can now be performed directly from the Import Service in most scenarios.
- Machine Group Membership now displayed in the OctoSAM Inventory GUI.
- User Device Affinity can now be imported from other systems such as SCCM
- Last User and Most Frequent User information can now be viewed in opposite direction. (All machines where a user is Last user).
- Greatly improved load time for main object windows (Machine, User, SoftwarePackage).
- Consolidated metering is now available for all packages that support detection of processes. Up until now, each Package had to indicate consolidated metering, this is no longer needed.
- Check your custom Queries/Reports for Changes in the Data Model that are not backward compatible:
- Plan migration of your Database to Sql Server 2016 SP1 or later. Consult with us if you cannot move to SQL Server 2016 yet.
- .net Framework 4.7.1 is required, For High DPI UI features, WIndows 10 Creators Update is required.
- Make a backup copy of the database
- Migrate to schema version 1.9.5 from 1.9.4. See release notes of 1.9.4 if you migrate from earlier versions.
- Deploy the new Version of Octosocan2.exe to your environment .scan files are compatible with versions 1.8.16 or newer of the import Service
- OctoSAM Inventory client: Update Installation is supported, just install the .msi over the existing installation.
- Stop OctoSAM services on the server
- Make a backup copy of all configuration files
- Uninstall your current version of the software from the system.
- Remove any files that might be left over after uninstall from the program folder.
- Run the .msi installer
- Merge the your old configuration settings from the backed up config files with the new configuration template files.
Note that appSettings and log4net config are now externalized into their own files.
You usually do not have to edit the .exe.config files. Best to leave them unchanged as they are now maintained by the installer/update.
- Note that Active Directory configuration has changed considerably in this release. Refer to the provided sample config files.
- Update the software catalog from latest master file
- Import standard queries and reports from provided .zip file.
Tests your custom queries with the new release.
- Restart OctoSAM services
- Update the VMWare vCenter scan start script - if used - according to sample provided in Support.zip
- Update the AD group scan start script - if used - according to sample provided in Support.zip.
Consider using the new group scanner integrated in the Import Service.
- DPI scaling works only on Windows 10 creators update or later.
- FlexLM Diag scan supports only first configured vendor daemon, expiry date and other data scanned from diag is not available for other vendor daemons on the same FlexLM Server.
- Currently, the license manager statistics database does not allow more than 32767 issued licenses per server. Counts greater than that value will get truncated. "Unlimited" will also be converted to 32767
- Group Settings Published Software Packages: Changes to the published Software Packages are immediately written to the database, cancel out of the dialog is ignored