Can be downloaded from the Filebase
Windows Server 2008,
Windows Vista or newer (32 and 64bit) - Windows XP And Windows Server 2003 no longer supported.
Use 1.9.6 Version of the scanner for Windows XP / Windows Server 2003.
|macOS Scanner||Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer
|Linux Scanner (beta)||
RHEL / CentOs 7
Fedora 25 or newer
SUSE 12 or newer
Debian 9 or newer
Ubuntu 16 or newer **
** on minimal Ubuntu installations you may need to install python-minimal
SQL Server 2016 SP1 or newer
|OctoSAM Server Components||.net Framework 4.7.2 64 bit required
|OctoSAM GUI||.net Framework 4.7.2 64 bit required|
- OctoSAM License: detailed software item change history
- OctoSAM License: more compact layout of pages
- OctoSAM License: Publisher landing page with list of Items
- OctoSAM License: Context Queries
- Unified Python based macOS and Linux scanner
- New web-based upload server for scan files
- Windows scanner: more robust configuration parsing, canary test for new versions of the scanner
- Windows scanner: improved Java installation detection
- Windows scanner: metadata about custom files can be scanned. This allows to scan for specific files on a windows machine.
- WIndows scanner: improved Oracle database detection
- GUI: improved optional High DPI support
- GUI: cleaner loading of documents with less screen flickering
- GUI: Improved performance for tree controls
- GUI: Updated 3rd party components with many integrated bug fixes
- GUI: Group information and link now available on the Software Package document for published applications
- Improved Active Directory import performance and stability
- Completely refactored LDIF import with much better performance for importing huge files
- Up to 4 site-specific Active Directory extended schema properties can now be imported per User and Machine object
- All standard grids now contain a hidden column "CurrentDateTime" with the time the data was read
- Extensions to the Repository and Catalog structures allow centrally managed client specific queries, reports and catalog items
- Unique Customer and Installation IDs are now encoded in the License file
- Improved performance of software usage queries
- Extended Query engine to support more flexible rendering on web pages
- Cleaned up Data Model including Documentation
- Support for new SQL Server 2017 and 2019 Cumulative Update versioning
- Support for SWID tag files schema version 2015
- Anonymizer now handles computer account user objects consistently using the anonymized machine name
Potentially Breaking Changes in the Data Model
- Fields DirectoryExt1 / DirectoryExt2 and Ext1 / Ext2 are now used to optionally load site specific schema extension properties from Active Directory. If these fields were previously used to load site-specific Data from external sources, this needs to be re-designed.
Potentially Breaking Changes in octoscan.config
- if match conditional regex comparison is now case in-sensitive
Potentially Breaking Changes in config files
- default encoding for LDIF import is now 'utf-8', ldif lookup configuration may have to be adjusted
- default Active Directory Lookup.Method changed from "accountmanagement" to "directoryservices"
Scan File Compatibility
- The 1.9.7 import service can read 1.9.7, 1.9.6 and older scan files. 1.9.7 and 1.9.6 .scan Files can only be imported on 1.9.6 or newer.
- Order an updated License for 1.9.7 from Octosoft
- Stop OctoSAM services on the server
- Make a backup copy of the database
- Migrate the database schema using the provided migrate_* scripts
Note that a direct Migration from a Version other than 1.9.6 is not supported.
Update to version 1.9.6 and run a full housekeeping before updating to 1.9.7
- Make a backup copy of all configuration files
- Run the .MSI Installer
- Merge the configuration settings with the new configuration template files.
- Install the updated license
- Update the software catalog
- Import Standard Queries and Reports from provided .zip file.
- Start OctoSAM services
- Update Octoscan2 windows scanner
- Update the Mac Scanner
- Update other scanners and their start scripts
- DPI scaling is still experimental and does sometimes not work over RDP sessions, depending on the version of the server, the RDP client and DPI settings on the server.
- FlexLM Diag scan supports only first configured vendor daemon, expiry date and other data scanned from diag is not available for other vendor daemons on the same FlexLM Server.
- Group Settings Published Software Packages: Changes to the published Software Packages are immediately written to the database, cancel out of the dialog is ignore