Release Candidate 1 of OctoSAM 1.8.11 is available for download in the filebase.
- 2 additional SMBIOS fields in machine Object get populated from WMI, for direct query and selection of machines based on SMBIOS information
- Machine report now includes first detected monitor manufacturer and serial number information for Windows 8 / 8.1 and later systems
Master Software Catalog
- Software Package Signature Auto Assign can now specify if the pattern matches metering Information
- Significant performance improvement of process scanning (Metering) especially on (Citrix/Terminal) servers
- New command-line option /restore to show the status window of an already running scanner
- New command-line option /keep to keep the window visible even if the scanner would exit under normal configuration
- New menu command 'Hide Window'
- Improved status window messages
- New local registry settings utility to override global scanner settings on individual machines for debugging
- Removed deprecated SkipUser and SkipMachine configuration settings
- Detect Windows 10 pre-release
- Detect Windows 8.0/8.1 with Media Center
License Manager Server Observer
- Support Wolfram Mathematica license server (usage only, detailed user statistics planned for next release)
Contact us for instructions on how to integrate Wolfram license server
Updates to used 3rd Party components
- Deploy the new Version of Octosocan2.exe to your Environment
.scan files are compatible with versions 1.8.6-1.8.10 of the import service
- Stop OctoSAM services on the server
- Make a backup copy of the database
- Run database migration script(s) from support.zip
- Run the .msi Installer
Check OctopusImportService.exe.config for spelling error on parameter ArchiveRetentionDays.
No changes to other configuration files are needed if you are upgrading from 1.8.10. From earlier Versions take the new configuration files from SampleConfigurationFiles and work from there
- Update the software catalog from latest master file. This is needed in all situations as the 1.8.11 catalog synchronization is different from earlier versions.
- Restart OctoSAM services